West Central Family & Counseling is currently searching for a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner/ Psychiatric Clinical Nurse Specialist to join our team of prescribers. As a family owned and operated clinic, West Central Family & Counseling is dedicated to providing comprehensive behavioral health services to the Pioneer Valley community. Our clinical staff consist of psychiatrists, psychiatric clinical nurse specialists, and therapists. WCFC is open Monday-Thursday 9am-8pm, Friday 9am-5pm, and Saturday 9am-5pm. We offer competitive part and full time benefit packages including 401k and PTO. Flexible hours can be accommodated.
· See patients from various populations for appointments at our clinic.
· Monitor psychiatric medications for effectiveness and side effects.
· Inform clients of potential side effects of psychiatric medications
· Provide psychoeducation as needed
· Work alongside an interdisciplinary team including psychiatrists, therapists, social workers, supervisors, and administrative staff.
· Collaborate with family members and outside agencies as needed.
· MS/MSN from an accredited college or university
· Psychiatric board certification required
· Licensed in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, with DEA and Mass Controlled Substance Certifications
· Prior experience prescribing and managing psychiatric medications
· Prescribing Psychiatric Medications: 1 year