Substance Use Disorder and Dual Diagnosis Counseling
Did you know 7 million Americans struggle with addiction? According to the National Alliance on Mental Illness, almost 43 percent of people who have a psychiatric diagnosis like post-traumatic stress disorder, generalized anxiety, panic disorder, bipolar or schizophrenia also have an addictive disorder.
Treating a mental health condition without addressing the problem of substance abuse, or vice versa, often results in a return to self-destructive behavior.
We offer outpatient treatment programs for people who are living with a Dual Diagnosis. Our team of dual diagnosis counselors are equipped to treat a variety of mental health disorders while addressing the substance use.
There are a number of reasons why outpatient care makes sense:
- Outpatient programs allow the client to keep up with her other commitments, like work or school.
- Outpatient treatment is typically very flexible, and services can be individualized to fit the client’s needs.
- Outpatient services let the client continue to stay close to his personal support system while going through recovery.
- Outpatient programs provide intensive support combined with personal autonomy.
- Individual therapy with trained clinicians, including EMDR treatment for individuals who meet the criteria.
- Psychiatric medication management.
- Group therapy and support.
Are you a MAT provider who is looking for clinical partnerships? West Central Family and Counseling works with several community agencies to provide therapeutic services to substance abuse clients. Our management team will work closely with your agency to reach the goals of treatment plans. For more information please call our agency and ask to speak to a clinic director.